Spinning Up End-to-End SAP Testing for NXP in Just 20 Days
How to eliminate manual regression testing with Copado (formerly Qualibrate).
End-to-End Regression Test Cycle
Caught and Resolved
"Copado Robotic Testing has proven to be a real lifesaver for us."
Deborah Scherer | Business Process Manager | NXP
Winc New Zealand — a Kiwi-owned product sourcing and distribution company — changed ownership under the banner of a new name: NetXpress Procurement (NXP). Under the hood, all HQ functions (including the IT & ERP infrastructure) need to be decentralized by the new owners in less than six months. NXP had three goals:
- Transition all new IT systems and customer integrations.
- Hire and train 50 staff to operate new SAP environment within 6 months
- Don’t hamper revenue or customer experience.
The SAP landscape was complex — and the migration was challenging. NXP needed to move to another operating system, migrate their database and integrate with customer supplier systems. And most importantly, the New Zealand business had to maintain data integrity and confidentiality.
Initially, NXP partnered with DXC Oxygen on the design of their end-to-end regression testing strategy. Based on the complexity of the project and the time constraints, the cross-functional team decided to leverage a test automation tool.
After examining the open-source marketplace and several commercial solutions, DXC Oxygen chose Copado Robotic Testing for three reasons: It was <strong>user-friendly, powerful and customizable</strong>. Business users could record transactions in minutes and use them as building blocks for end-to-end testing scenarios and training materials for new staff. DXC Oxygen harnessed the power of Copado Robotic Testing to accomplish:
- Implementation in under 3 weeks: NXP ran their first fully automated regression test cycle just 20 days after kickoff.
- 95% test coverage across 558 level 3 SAP transactions: End-to-end processes were tested, recorded and automated.
- 92 total end-to-end regression test cycles run: Including pre-production environments, UAT and virtual robots simultaneously automating end-to-end scenarios.
- 25 defects spotted during these test cycles: Early identification makes resolution quick and easy.
5-step-approach to test automation
Risk-based Flow Recordings: How to Choose What to Automate?
Due to the time crunch, DXC Oxygen decided to prioritize Business Process recording based on criticality. After three weeks, the team successfully automated 558 SAP transactions (95% coverage). With all the critical processes covered, only a couple less important “nice to have” items were left for manual testing.
NXP went live 5 days ahead of schedule — with no impact on revenue or customers. NXP enjoyed zero downtime. The infrastructure was shut down Friday night and fully operational for the next business day.
Today, NXP has a robust SAP platform built for business growth, with an architecture designed to support an exponential amount of transaction volumes. Despite the time constraints, DXC Oxygen was able to build an enterprise-grade test strategy. Thanks to Copado Robotic Testing, test cases are easily maintainable and reusable.
- Live in 6 months with no impact on customers or business operations
- No loss of historical sales records or stocking data
- Robust platform ready for future growth
"Copado Robotic Testing paved the way for NXP to adopt more agile development methodologies."
Joe Taylor | CEO, NXP
Want to see Copado Robotic Testing in action? Get a demo here!
Industry: Retail, Logistics, Warehousing
Products & Services: Business Facilities & Supplies
Featured Solutions: SAP ERP, SAP BW on HANA, SAP Ariba SNAP
DXC Oxygen is Australia & New Zealand's leading SAP Enterprise and Digital Solutions company. With offices in Wellington, Auckland & Christchurch, DXC Oxygen manages everything from point consulting to end-to-end SAP outsourcing.
- SAP Platinum Partner
- 600+ SAP Professionals
- 280+ SAP Customers across ANZ