Traditionally, if you wanted to run scripts to deploy to other clouds or trigger tests in different systems, you had to set up a continuous integration (CI) system. In addition to writing your own scripts, you had to provision the external CI system, manage it, and learn how to use it. This is no longer necessary as Copado has built a universal CI engine that powers our standardised DevOps actions and your automation use cases. Copado Functions allow you to run any scripts you need, directly from inside of Copado managed infrastructure and in connection to our quality driven pipelines and user story promotion process. Copado Functions allows you to run any scripts directly from Copado managed infrastructure and in connection to our quality-driven pipelines. A function is a script that contains a series of commands and can be executed from Copado. A function can be used in multiple scenarios.
Here are some interesting use cases:
- Run tests from different testing providers
- Deploy to other clouds
- Automate manual tasks
- You can code in any of our different supported programming languages and leverage out-of-the-box Copado commands. Refer to Copado Function Programming Languages for more information.
- You can leverage multiple docker images with relevant libraries. Refer to Function Images for more information.
- You can securely store credentials and variables with System properties. Refer to Create a System Property for more information.
- You can access user story, deployment and environment variables by leveraging Dynamic Expressions. Refer to Dynamic Expressions for more information.
- You can execute functions from the UI, Apex, flow, or as part of a user story deployment step. Get started today by reviewing example scripts and our Functions Academy module.