ServiceNow is a cloud-based software that allows users to run operations management and IT services on a single platform. The SaaS platform automates case management, operations management, and problem management workflows.
Its flexible development environment enables users to build, test, and implement automated workflows. You can also optimize these processes and govern them at scale. When bugs and broken code occur, it will be up to your IT team to resolve them quickly.
This blog will discuss why ServiceNow requires continuous testing to avoid significant downtime and poor customer and employee experience. We’ll also show how ServiceNow test automation allows you to speed up testing and achieve end-to-end coverage.
ServiceNow Testing Requirements
The ServiceNow platform delivers two major release families per year. Its management team also releases new UI, apps, and features every release cycle. ServiceNow recommends that users stay current and upgrade at least once per year.
When changes occur within an application, it's well-known that it may disrupt its existing functionality.
Testing the upgraded ServiceNow platform and all business-critical processes to ensure they’re operational will require a significant amount of time. The time and human resources invested in manual testing and fixing each instance will increase when bugs occur.
In some cases, regression testing can take weeks or even months to complete. This lengthy process requires every effort to conserve time and resources by delegating repetitive tasks to automated testing.
Automating ServiceNow Testing
Manual testing can be time-consuming, complex, and expensive. Manual testing is challenging to scale and is known for compromising deployment speed. ServiceNow test automation will streamline your overall testing process and will:
- Allow testers to focus on complex testing sequences and developers to focus on valuable customizations and innovations.
- Help developers spot and resolve defects faster, mitigating the risks of releasing low-quality software to customers and employees.
- Reduce rates of human error associated with manual testing.
- Reduce the preparation and execution time involved in testing.
- Ensure that your business-critical processes are operational.
- Improve regression testing.
- Improve software release quality.
All repetitive test cases that do not require human evaluation should be automated to save time and stay competitive. After successfully implementing a software test automation strategy, test administrators will notice significant improvements in team productivity and a dramatic reduction in time spent on regression testing from start to finish.
While there are many advantages to automation, it is essential to emphasize that it may be possible for your IT team to automate all tests, but it’s not advisable. Automation is ideal for repetitive and predictable tests. Complex tests, such as exploratory tests, will always require human analysis and oversight.
Copado Robotic Testing Solutions for ServiceNow Test Automation
To stay competitive in today’s technological market focused on cloud transformations and higher customer expectations, your QA team should explore and develop new testing approaches to improve continuous delivery methods.
Copado’s AI-powered test automation solutions improve development speed, quality, and reduce unnecessary time and resources spent on manual testing. Copado Robotic Testing is a low-code, easy-to-use solution for ServiceNow test automation. Some benefits of Copado Robotic Testing include:
- A cloud-based SaaS platform that does not require installation; simply sign in and benefit from testing your applications immediately. Even better, test from anywhere in the world.
- Simple text case conversion that allows the user to pinpoint manual workflows and translate them into an automated test step.
- Implementing and executing text-based tests. Our low-code design allows individuals with minimal coding experience to maintain their web-based applications easily.
- AI-powered test automation with self-healing ability is capable of spotting and correcting broken tests.
- Run thousands of automated tests instantly and expand test coverage.
- Robots can be created to run continuous test cases in parallel to one another and on multiple platforms; they're able to tackle the most tedious testing workflows.
- Customize automated testing for your company, allowing you to focus on customer satisfaction and quality instead of solely on your tech stack.
- Test custom applications and complex integrations across multiple platforms and browsers.
When time and resources are limited, QA teams may feel they cannot sufficiently test all changes before release. Reliance on automation tools has become necessary to stay ahead of the technology curve, ensure quality, and complete sufficient testing.
Contact Copado Today
Automation will continue to be an essential tool that allows manual testers and developers to focus on customer satisfaction and release quality software. While automation is not expected to replace manual testing completely, AI-enabled test automation use will increase within most large-size enterprises in the near future (Gartner, 2021).
The key to reaping the benefits of test automation is to combine it with manual testing for maximum efficiency. It will require your team to analyze what tasks should be assigned to manual testers and delegate repetitive test cases to automation.